The Open-source Dance Pad
Welcome to RE:Flex Dance, an open-source dance pad. RE:Flex Dance is designed to be a robust, high quality platform you can build out of readily available parts, with minimal tools.
Everything you need to construct and run one of these is contained in the links below.
For license details, please see license.txt.
- Hardware design: Fusion 360 design of the entire framework, 3D-printable parts
- IO board: KiCad schematic and circuit board design of the IO board, which communicates with a PC and with the panel boards
- Panel board: KiCad schematic and circuit board design of the Panel board, which reads the sensors and has a grid of 84 LEDs
- IO firmware: Code that runs on the IO board’s microcontroller, orchestrates communication between PC and panel boards
- Panel firmware: Code that runs on the Panel board’s microcontroller, collects sensor readings, processes and outputs data to LEDs
- Python interface: GUI application letting you configure sensor thresholds, pick images to display on panels, monitor sensor input
- reflex.dance: The very website you are looking at
We have a friendly Discord server where you can discuss RE:Flex Dance pads and your own pad projects. Come hang out!